NZOHNA Inc offers you support in attaining and / or maintaining professional competence to practice Occupational Health Nursing in New Zealand.
Please click the button below to go to the Membership Application Form.
- The opportunity to join with professional members at local NZOHNA Group forums
- Short Takes newsletter as published
- Access to the 'member only' section of the NZOHNA website
- Indemnity Insurance designed for Occupational Health Nurses (Download Insurance Information and Application form). Application Form
- Subsidised registration fee to attend the annual NZOHNA conference
- The opportunity to engage and network with allied occupational health organisations
- The opportunity to attend local study days organised by local NZOHNA Groups
- The opportunity to engage preceptor support
- Lesleigh Jones Travel Scholarship
- Advocacy through the work undertaken by members of National Executive on policy development and submissions
- Advocacy through members invitation to contribute to national advisory groups
NZOHNA Inc offers the following categories of membership:
(i) Full Member (2018-2019 Annual Individual Membership is $200)
To qualify for full membership a person must be a Registered Nurse and hold a current practicing certificate as a Registered Nurse under the Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Act 2004 and must have as their principal occupation that of an Occupational Health Nurse or an associated occupation in health and safety.
(ii) Affiliate Member (2018-2019 Annual Individual Membership is $200)
(a) Persons who are Enrolled Nurses and hold a current practicing certificate as an Enrolled Nurse under the Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Act 2004 and whose principal occupation is occupational health nursing or an associated occupation in health and safety.
(b) Persons who are Registered Nurses and hold a current practicing certificate as a Registered Nurse under the Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Act 2004 and have an interest in occupational health or work in other fields of community health, such as public health or general practice may be eligible, at the discretion of the Group Committee.
(iii) Honorary Member
Any full member may be proposed as an Honorary Member for services rendered to the Association.
This honour is at the discretion of the National Executive and subject to specific criteria documented in the NZOHNA Constitution
(iv) Corporate Membership
Corporate Membership is financially beneficial when the organisation has three or more members. The base rate for Corporate membership is two full members at $200 each (with full voting rights) and $75 for each member - please contact us to discuss.
Application for membership must be made by clicking on the Membership Form button at the top of the page.