Occupational Health Nurse
- Exciting new opportunity
- New Plymouth based
DIALOG Fitzroy Limited is committed to being Australasia's premier supplier of fabricated equipment and full life-cycle engineering solutions, together with the provision of contract services and site maintenance throughout New Zealand and to international customers. We are based right here on the beautiful West Coast of the North Island, rated one of the best places to live in the world!
We are seeking an experienced Occupational Health Nurse who is looking for the next step!
As a major multi-disciplined provider of Engineering Services to the broad energy sector, particularly the oil and gas and petrochemical industries across Australasia, we know that our people are our most valuable asset.
An opportunity has arisen for a Registered Nurse to join our progressive and safety-conscious team to deliver vital occupational health services across all of the DIALOG Fitzroy Engineering divisions. This role would suit someone who is confident working autonomously.
This role involves:
· Managing employee health monitoring procedures
· Maintaining employee health records
· Coordinating offshore medical examinations
· Coordinating rehabilitation of injured / ill employees
· Coordinating the drug and alcohol testing programme
· Coordinating compensation claims for AEP insurance program
· Providing medical treatment
· Conducting pre-employment medicals and employee health surveillance assessments
· Providing general health and medical advice and education
Key skills required:
· Current Annual Practicing Certificate with the New Zealand Nursing Council
· A minimum of two years' experience as an Occupational Health Nurse.
· Intermediate to advanced computer skills (including Microsoft Office).
· Prior experience in the heavy engineering, oil and gas or similar industries is desired but not essential.
· A competitive salary and benefits that include extended annual leave for long service and discounted medical insurance.
· Ample opportunity to further develop your career through on-job skill development, and access to relevant certified training.
· Job variety, including travel to our various project sites as well as client sites.
· Annual study funding and paid study leave
· Job security and a safe work environment.
Our ideal candidate will have an eye for detail, excellent interpersonal skills, and a genuine interest in understanding our business. This role has the potential for growth for the right candidate.
If you are seeking an exciting opportunity in occupational health, where your passion for the health and wellbeing of others is recognised and rewarded, this could be the opportunity you are looking for.
Must have a current legal right to work in New Zealand.
Please see our full job description for more details.