For an Individual Membership application form CLICK HERE
For a Corporate Membership application form CLICK HERE
NZOHNA Inc offers you support in attaining and / or maintaining professional competence to practice Occupational Health Nursing in New Zealand.
- The opportunity to join with professional members at local NZOHNA Group forums
- Short Takes newsletter as published
- Access to the 'member only' section of the NZOHNA website
- Indemnity Insurance designed for Occupational Health Nurses (Download Insurance Information and Application form below)
- Subsidised registration fee to attend the annual NZOHNA conference
- The opportunity to engage and network with allied occupational health organisations
- The opportunity to attend local study days organised by local NZOHNA Groups
- The opportunity to engage preceptor support
- Lesleigh Jones Travel Scholarship
- Advocacy through the work undertaken by members of National Executive on policy development and submissions
- Advocacy through members invitation to contribute to national advisory groups
NZOHNA Inc offers the following categories of membership:
(i) Full Member
To qualify for full membership a person must be a Registered Nurse and hold a current practicing
certificate as a Registered Nurse under the Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Act 2004
and must have as their principal occupation that of an Occupational Health Nurse or an associated
occupation in health and safety.
(ii) Affiliate Member
(a) Persons who are Enrolled Nurses and hold a current practicing certificate as an Enrolled Nurse
under the Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Act 2004 and whose principal occupation is
occupational health nursing or an associated occupation in health and safety.
(b) Persons who are Registered Nurses and hold a current practicing certificate as a Registered Nurse
under the Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Act 2004 and have an interest in occupational
health or work in other fields of community health, such as public health or general practice may
be eligible, at the discretion of the Group Committee.
(iii) Honorary Member
Any full member may be proposed as an Honorary Member for services rendered to the Association.
This honour is at the discretion of the National Executive and subject to specific criteria documented
in the NZOHNA Constitution
Application for membership must be made on the approved membership form and forwarded (either by post or email) to:
PO Box 3810